A renowned genetics professor is leaving the University of Arizona (The Campus Correspondent)
- “Federal loans should go to those who are most likely to benefit from higher education, not to everyone who can enroll…” So, not these guys? Oops (Inside Higher Ed)
- Of course waiting until the students had gone for Winter Break, the UA announced the selections of deans for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Fine Arts. (Note: Fishiness was the smell of the day when each of their predecessors suddenly “resigned” earlier this year. More on this later.) (UA News)
- And you thought UA faculty had it bad… (The Philadelphia Inquirer)
- WatchCat update notice: A new front page tab complete with in-depth information and speculation from research, interviews and reliable anonymous sources concerning the inner-workings and personnel moves associated with the UA Transformation should be up between Jan. 5 and 10.
- Anyone for an H1N1 flu vaccine from UA Campus Health Services? (UA Campus Health Services website)
- Linkday after hiatus
- WatchCat creator earns major journalism honor; Daily Wildcat gets 8 SPJ awards
- Hay memo reaction: Are UA Transformation savings actually a lot lower than advertised?
- Breaking news: Shelton lowers tuition proposal by $400; Students: ‘Yeah, got a few more thousand of those?’
- ASUA Supreme Court rules against Senate candidate represented by Desert Lamp creator
- ABOR Preview, part 1: Who will stick up for students in the tuition battle?
- The UA’s tuition hearing: A guest report
- It’s time, Mr. President: End this “world class” charade
- Tuition vs. net cost, and the question of financial aid
- Uncontested: Apathy race between Faculty Senate and ASUA elections too close to call